Microgreens are tiny vegetables and herbs that are harvested at their maximum nutrient density, during formation of the first ‘true leaves’ of the plant. In 2012, a study published at the University of Maryland concluded that microgreens contain between 4 and 40 times the nutrient density of their full grown relatives. A tablespoon of raw microgreens equals a full serving of vegetables.
In addition to their superfood properties, microgreens pack tremendous fresh flavor into a small bite. Sunflower shoots are crisp, crunchy, and taste similar to roasted sunflower seeds. Micro cilantro combines the flavor of coriander with fresh herbal cilantro. Radish, arugula, and mustard microgreens make up our ‘Spicy Mix’, with notes of horseradish, wasabi, and pepper - excellent on tacos, salads, sandwiches, fish, and by itself! Of course, microgreens are beautiful as a garnish on any dish.
- Consistent Quality, Freshness, Pricing
- Harvest & Hand Deliver Same Day
- Pops of Color - Deep Red Amaranth, Purple Sango Radish, Bright Blue Borath Flowers
- New Flavors - Cool Cucumber flavored Borage, Sour Lemon bite of Sorrel, delicate harmony of Coriander & Cilantro in Micro Cilantro
- Industry Standard Compliance with FDA guidelines such as GAP/GHP (Good Agricultural Practice / Good Handling Practice)
- Certified Naturally Grown - pesticide & herbicide free, never use GMO seeds